Upcoming Events

no events match your query!

User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link France?s Melenchon to serve as Le Pen?s Minister of Finance Sun Apr 30, 2017 21:49 | The Saker
France?s Melenchon to serve as Le Pen?s Minister of Finance That is what?s known in the news business as an ?untrue headline?. If you are greatly upset at my ruse,

offsite link US foreign policy: the more it changes, the more it remains the same? Sun Apr 30, 2017 21:45 | The Saker

offsite link Moveable Feast Cafe 2017/04/30 ? Open Thread Sun Apr 30, 2017 14:00 | Herb Swanson
2017/04/30 13:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of

offsite link Trip to Moscow, by the Geneva Observer Sun Apr 30, 2017 00:27 | Scott
Hello Scott,   We have safely arrived from Geneva, both very tired (both of us had to get up at 5am). I am quickly having to learn the Cyrillic alphabet

offsite link Douce France Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 | The Saker
by Jimmie Moglia ?Douce France, cher pays de mon enfance? – so goes the song [Sweet France, dear country of my infancy]. I did not grow up in France, but

The Saker >>

Human Rights in Ireland
www.humanrights.ie

offsite link Human Rights-Based Integration Policy and the New ?Migrant Integration Strategy? Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 | Cliodhna Murphy

offsite link The Citizens Assembly Proposals: A Draft Bill Tue Apr 25, 2017 20:42 | admin

offsite link NUI Galway Announce New Director of Irish Centre for Human Rights Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:50 | Eoin Daly

offsite link Barriers to first trimester abortion care. Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 | admin

offsite link Why would any country put abortion in the Constitution? Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:28 | Máiréad Enright

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Steve Hackett at Vicar Street 15:12 Sun Apr 30, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Restaurant review 12:12 Sun Apr 30, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Sunday Independent Stupid Statement of the Week: DIY 10:02 Sun Apr 30, 2017 | Garibaldy

offsite link SBP/RedC Poll 19:50 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Green Sleeves: The Irish Printed Record Cover, 1955 ? 2017 12:14 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | guestposter

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link Notes for a Book on Money and the Irish State - The Marshall Aid Program 15:10 Sat Apr 02, 2016

offsite link The Financial Crisis:What Have We Learnt? 19:58 Sat Aug 29, 2015

offsite link Money in 35,000 Words or Less 21:34 Sat Aug 22, 2015

offsite link THE WRATH OF KANE: BANKING CRISES AND POLITICAL POWER 09:32 Fri Jan 30, 2015

offsite link ALWAYS THE ARTISTS: WEEK THREE OF THE BANK INQUIRY 23:11 Thu Jan 22, 2015

Dublin Opinion >>

Minutes for Feb 2nd 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for 2nd Feb and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time: 12:30pm to 1:15:pm

Agenda:
1) Hosting of more torrent files/films
2) Videos Disabled
3) Open Day
4) Recruits/Features.

1) Discussion: About need to upload more films for torrent format.
Action
a) Ant to to write page about how to upload torrent file and what to do.

2) Videos are disabled because we don't have enough bandwidth. Existing bandwidth is around 10Mb/s and we already use 50%.
Action
a) To write up a page describing how and where to upload videos and link to them. i.e. to archive.org

3) Open Day: Discussion around this really ended up about having a stall on the Anarchist book fair on Mar 15th and maybe having a open meeting to tell people about how to get involved. The aims agreed were to try and get the Outreach leaflet ready for it.
Actions:
a) Ant will take to Eamon C about getting CDs for Route Irish film, having a stall and maybe showing a film.
b) Chkov to get the Outreach PDF from Reddy and to edit it for the text and images as part of preparation.
c) Mark, to make up pamphelets of existing recent good stories for distribution at the stall. d) Mark to follow up investigating if we can get Indymedia T-shirts, and associated costs etc.
e) Action to write up a story on Indy, requesting designs / help for T-Shirts.

4) Recruits/ Features.
Some discussion about recruitment of new moderators and how to get people interested, particularly in joining the email lists. It was suggested we need to document our decisions on the Indy static pages to help people speed up the learning process about the in and outs of Indymedia and thus enable them to get involved, understand the process, and contribute. There was also some discussion about emphasing to readers that Indy does not endorse everything that is written on the site. And some consideration to be given to writing features that fall on the criticism side.
Action:
a) Ant volunteered to try and get one feature out at the end of every week.

Next meeting to be on Sat, March 1st 2008
Agenda will be focused on Indy stall at bookfair on March 15th

© 2001-2017 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy