User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Garda corruption: the stripped down truth

offsite link Will Pat Hickey turn up for his trial? Anthony

offsite link Garda breath tests letter Anthony

offsite link Daniel McConnell: Happy to wear establishment blinkers Anthony

offsite link State failing in its duty to enforce law Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness Wed Sep 20, 2017 00:58 | The Saker
In 1938 we had the House Committee on Un-American activities. In 2017 we now have the Committee to Investigate Russia. And here is their message:

offsite link Listening to The Donald at the UN Tue Sep 19, 2017 20:40 | The Saker
This article was written for the Unz Review Late this morning, outraged emails started pouring in.  My correspondents reported “getting sick” and having their “heart ache”.  The cause of all

offsite link Comments section reform ? request for comments Tue Sep 19, 2017 17:01 | The Saker
Dear friends, As promised, I am now sharing with you the reasons which prompted my decision to initiated a reform the comments section and the solutions I am thinking of. 

offsite link After Charlottesville Tue Sep 19, 2017 04:45 | The Saker
by Jimmie Moglia In a previous related article, (http://thesaker.is/the-two-americas-... I said there were still some unclear issues about the events at Charlottesville, especially regarding the death of the 32-year old

offsite link The war on trolls, imbeciles and other pests is on! :-) Mon Sep 18, 2017 21:43 | The Saker
Wow, Eric Zuesses’ article really elicited a fury the like of which I have never seen, at least so far.  Right now there are seventy-fire (75!) intercepted comments sitting in

The Saker >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Please do it Theresa May, go on? you?d be doing everyone a favour. 21:02 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link More warlike rhetoric from you know who? 19:54 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Labour under Corbyn 11:43 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Fianna Fáil are calling SF cult-like? the Dáil break must be over! 10:48 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link The issue of the border and Brexit? again. 10:00 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Minutes for Oct 20th 2007

This meeting took place on Saturday, 20th of October 2007. Note: This page has still be to properly formatted.
Agenda was:

1) Recent Resignations
General discussion over problems and perspectives took place

* Proposal regarding blog section put forward. It was agreed in principle to look at setting up a selected feed of blogs with compatible principles. Exactly how this will be incorporated into site will be decided when we have done more work on the idea and have seen if there is any interest amongst bloggers. Chekov will try to come up with a preliminary list of bloggers to invite and will attempt to see if there is any interest.

2) Discussion of "other press" category
* Proposal to loosen restrictions on other press type and not to require summaries defeated
* Counter-proposal to tighten restrictions and ensure that they are properly followed unanimously agreed.

3) Outreach
* Unanimously agreed to carry out outreach project involving the circulation of leaflets with information promoting indymedia prepared by Reddy.
* Project will target NGOs, with particular focus on women's groups.
* Anthony will coordinate writing of the text to fill the leaflet
* Mark volunteered to coordinate distribution list
* It was also noted that we need new editors and writers.
* It was agreed that we should hold an event, hopefully for the release of eamonn crudden's new film, including a feature and article writing workshop. (padraig agreed to contact eamonn, seomra spraoi and william H. regarding this).
* Also agreed to hold a day-long event in and around next february to promote indymedia and to raise money. Chekov will coordinate.

4) IP Moniter
* Use of the IP monitor was discussed and the following protocal was agreed: - any moderator can turn it on when they deem it necessary, but they must indicate a reason for the banning (the reason will appear in the edit log and the editor message page). - Any moderator can ban somebody for any length of time, but they must mail the list to indicate the reason for their action and justify the length of the ban. - A proper, worked out schedule for this stuff can be derived from practice. - terry will implemenet the necessary code-changes

5) Video.indymedia.ie
* Ant proposed running an experimental video-uploading site - agreed by all, but we will need to see how it works before there is any integration with current site
* Terry will investigate safe ways of allowing users to embed youtube videos.

6) Finances
* roughly 2,000 in bank - will see us through till next spring in hosting
* chekov will try to re-invigorate "friends of indymedia" idea for february conference.

7) List Administration
* Terry to take over from ant as main list admin, ant will help out with some moderation
* need more volunteers

8) New style front page
* Reddy's proposal for a new style front page (a la NYC) was agreed in principal, but we need to see mock ups and an actual design before we can decide anything.

9) Items put off until next meeting
* site enhancements

Next Meeting: November 14th, 7.30pm, Grehans.

© 2001-2017 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy