User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Garda corruption: the stripped down truth

offsite link Will Pat Hickey turn up for his trial? Anthony

offsite link Garda breath tests letter Anthony

offsite link Daniel McConnell: Happy to wear establishment blinkers Anthony

offsite link State failing in its duty to enforce law Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness Wed Sep 20, 2017 00:58 | The Saker
In 1938 we had the House Committee on Un-American activities. In 2017 we now have the Committee to Investigate Russia. And here is their message:

offsite link Listening to The Donald at the UN Tue Sep 19, 2017 20:40 | The Saker
This article was written for the Unz Review Late this morning, outraged emails started pouring in.  My correspondents reported “getting sick” and having their “heart ache”.  The cause of all

offsite link Comments section reform ? request for comments Tue Sep 19, 2017 17:01 | The Saker
Dear friends, As promised, I am now sharing with you the reasons which prompted my decision to initiated a reform the comments section and the solutions I am thinking of. 

offsite link After Charlottesville Tue Sep 19, 2017 04:45 | The Saker
by Jimmie Moglia In a previous related article, (http://thesaker.is/the-two-americas-... I said there were still some unclear issues about the events at Charlottesville, especially regarding the death of the 32-year old

offsite link The war on trolls, imbeciles and other pests is on! :-) Mon Sep 18, 2017 21:43 | The Saker
Wow, Eric Zuesses’ article really elicited a fury the like of which I have never seen, at least so far.  Right now there are seventy-fire (75!) intercepted comments sitting in

The Saker >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Please do it Theresa May, go on? you?d be doing everyone a favour. 21:02 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link More warlike rhetoric from you know who? 19:54 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Labour under Corbyn 11:43 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Fianna Fáil are calling SF cult-like? the Dáil break must be over! 10:48 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link The issue of the border and Brexit? again. 10:00 Tue Sep 19, 2017 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Minutes for Nov 14th 2007

This contains Meeting Minutes for Nov 14th and the agenda and actions to be taken. Date of the next Indymedia meeting is given
Minutes of Nov 14th Indymedia Meeting from 7:50:pm to 9:10pm
5 People in attendence

Agenda
1) Review actions from previous meeting on Oct 20th 2007
2) Report back On Bristol IMC meeting
3) Site Enhancements
4) New Editors
5) Passwords & Site Stuff

1) Review of Previous meeting minutes and actions
1a) Prv Action: To enforce stricter intrepretation of Other Press category to be carried out. Being done

1b) Prv Action: To contact NGOs for Outreach. Not complete yet. Mark is working on this.

1c) Prv Action: Ant to coordinate writing of text for outreach leaflet. Not complete yet. Ant will work on this and post text to list within a week

1d) Prv Action: To hold an event for Eamons Crudden's new film. Done already in Seomra Spraoi but not organised by Indymedia, although we did a feature article promoting it. Successful night.

1e) Prv Action: To hold an Indy open day/workshops. To be organised. Probably for February.

1f) Prv Action: To implement code changes for transparency of actions with IP monitor. Completed.

1g) Prv Action: To generate automatic email when someone is banned. Not done.
This generated a lot of discussion and two proposals were put forward around IP banning. These were
*Proposal 1: Before a moderator can ban someone, you must provide URL evidence as a means of justifying the ban.
Vote: Not carried. 3 against, 1 for, 1 abstain
Summary: It would further increase the workload.

*Proposal 2: To aim to ban someone for less than or equal to 3 days and not more than 3 days for a 1st time ban
Vote: Motion carried. 5 For.
Action: To implement auto generation of email to list when an IP is banned.

1h) Prv Action: Ant to investigate how to run video on server. Partially completed. Ant has installed bit-torrent tracker software (it coordinates users) and is now ready to start hosting some videos for use with bit-torrent. Proposing to give ftp access to Eamon and maybe Revolt video.
He will continue work and investigation of flash mode.
Action: Static Oscailt page to be updated with info on this and new film Route Irish

1i) Prv Action: Terry to investigate enabling users to post Youtube videos. Partially complete. Code completed and tested and ready to go. Other formats can follow later.
This generated some discussion and a proposal and action
*Proposal: To allow users to embedded You tube video in stories and comments.
Vote: Motion carried. 5 votes for
Action: Ter To write up a story to announce this.

1j) Prv Action: Terry to become list administrator and get trained. Done. Ant provided training. Ant will resign from list administration shortly
Action: Ant to see if James and or C. will come back to List Administration

1k) Prv Action: To review Reddy's proposed new front page. Not done.
This generated discussion and his mockup was reviewed briefly by all those present at the meeting.
In summary, proposed page was generally agreeable, but the limit of only 1 feature was an issue because 2 or more features can help build up for an event. Also to do this properly will very likely require Oscailt code changes.
Action: For each person present, to respond to list with review of Reddys Proposal within 2 weeks

2) Bristol IMC Meeting Report back.
Ter already sent report to lists and resummarized main points.
Action: To investigate implmeneting 1 hour delay on comment publishing like Bristol IMC, except to on a per story rather than per site basis

3) Site Enhancments: It was agreed to postpone this item to the next meeting, but to be at the top of the agenda.

4) New editors
Discussion about getting people involved and our rules about it in the constitution.
Action: To discuss procedures for joining the collective
Action: Padraic to send email to discuss this on the list

5) Passowrds & Site Stuff
Discussion about enforcing 3 month idle rule, except it is not applicable to anyone
Action: Ter to create static Oscailt page(s) of meeting minutes. This can grow to include decisions of the Collective.
Action: Padraic to submit proposal on more relevant site documentation

Next Meeting: Wed 7:30pm to 9pm 12th Dec. Same place. And possibly followed by drinkees.

Agenda - will be:
1) Site Enhancements
2) Front page (Reddys')
3) Outreach

© 2001-2017 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy